Newswires
Costa Rican Center a Leader in Alernative Ibogaine Therapy | Print |  E-mail
Addiction Treatment Industry Newswire

09/11/2012 - ATIN- There have been many fad treatments in the addiction treatment drug rehab and alcohol rehab space over the years - Terren Peizer's Hythiam Inc. burned through $140M trying to get its Prometa Protocol off the ground a few years back - but the promoters of Ibogaine insist that their therapy is much more than just a passing addiction treatment fancy. Pointing out that Ibogaine, which is ingested as a capsule and taken from the root of a plant, has been around since the late 1960s, the treatment's backers say that its longevity, and steadily growing numbers of adherents, put Ibogaine in a different class. "We certainly think that it qualifies as much more than just a passing fad," says Lex Kogan, arguably the leading proponent of Ibogaine treatment, along with his partner Eric Taub. Kogan estimates there are between 10 and 20 clinics that specialize in Ibogaine addictions care, mostly located in Latin America, and that 1,000 people a year are currently undergoing treatment with 20,000 having taken Ibogaine for addictions over the last several decades. Envision Recovery, located in the central mountains of Costa Rica, is among the leading destinations for Ibogaine addictions treatmentWhen Kogan talks about how Ibogaine works it is reminiscent, frankly, of Harvard's Timothy Leary and the mind expansion efforts that were all the rage in the 1960s. Kogan admits straight up that Ibogaine falls way outside regular medicine. "This is not mainstream science," he says. But both Kogan and Taub are clearly sincere in their belief in Ibogaine and have for more than a decade been diligently promoting it as useful in the process of recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol. Putting their money where their mouth is, two years ago they opened Envision Recovery in the picturesque - and politically stable and relatively crime free - central mountainous district of Costa Rica in Central America. A tiny obviously high quality six bed outfit, Envision has just turned the corner financially, according to Kogan. Next up? Kogan and Taub are moving downstream in what economists would call a vertical integration play...a farm to grow the root from which Ibogaine is derived.

POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW..start a debate!

GOT ADDICTION INDUSTRY NEWS? tell us...

561-702-4235

Trackback(0)
Comments (22)Add Comment
Ibogaine - The Addiction Cure
written by DrIboga, May 24, 2016
Ibogaine treatments growing
written by Francis W, February 07, 2016
Great ibogaine article treatment magazine!

Costa Rica's Ibogaine Paradise
written by Damian Gates, February 06, 2016
Ibogaine Treatment worked for me. I Just got back from Envision Recovery last week.
Thank you Lex and Shea! Pura Vida!

www.envisionrecovery.com

Damian, Atlanta GA
cultivator
written by echu, January 08, 2016
Are you tired of your addiction to drugs,Marijuana,Cigarettes, Heroin Addiction Treatment
Cocaine & Crack,Methadone Addiction,OxyContin & Oxycodone,Buprenorphine (Subutex and Suboxone),Methamphetamine Addiction,Adderall Alcohol etc.

We have high quality iboga products (Ibogaine hcl, iboga TA, iboga capsules, and dried iboga root barks) for sale. for immediate supply. Ibogaine is a new therapy for chemical dependence that eliminates physical withdrawal signs and interrupts drug craving behavior. It is both a therapeutic and psychoactive addiction-breaker. It helps in breaking both drug and alcohol addictions. We ship world wide without any problems. Treatment info and all help you need about our products are also provided.

The shipping is meticulously planned, packaging is done with professionalism to
archive delivery success. we have been doing it for a very long time so do not be afraid.so just do your part and leave the rest to me,You don't need to sign off package at the delivery,

shipping is via EMS, tracking number is provided after shipping is done.

we do express shipping which is 7 to 10 working days and overnight shipping which is approximately 24 hours.

thanks and looking forward to read from you asap

Ibogaine Wholesale

We sell both small quantities and large quantities.

Minimum quantity order:

1 gram HCL

1 gram TA

1 x 35 (35x300mg) Iboga Capsules

20 grams Iboga Root bark

CONTACT \n This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or Tel: 237690408305
IBOGA SAVE MY HUSBAND
written by Chirstine, November 19, 2015
Hello everyone, Ibogaine is indeed super ordinary, at first i couldn't just believed about this whole thing called ibogaine till i came in contact and used it personally on my husband then and only then i latter realized and felt so sad that people are really suffering and dying out of ignorance. i want to use this medium to thank just one man called Mr Obi_Akpo as he is fondly called' in spite i wasn't having much money on me, he supplied me some ibogaine' with a good heart and lot of consideration. i believed he might help too for persons out there who really need some through his email: \n This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it '> This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
i have come to realized and support the school of thought who truly believes in this plant because i am a living witness of how it save the life of my Husband who had almost gone insane once again thanks a million time
Christine
USA
Ibogaine, Lex and Shea
written by Sheila V., August 30, 2015
Lex Kogan and Shea Prueger have the right attitude when it comes to providing ibogaine treatment. They helped my son with a methadone/depression problem that has so far not returned. He's 6 months clean and going strong! Thank you for the clear objectivity of this article!
Votes: +0
Good news and happy to see the best medine on the planet getting attention, Lowly rated comment [Show]
Ibogaine worked for me and my girl.
written by Alex Mcallister, June 26, 2015
I just got back from treatment so I am not about to jump the gun and say that I’ll feel this way forever but the ibogaine therapy has been just as helpful to me as the groups I’ve been part of for years. Its different in the sense that the physical feeling of wanting to use is squashed. I traveled all the way from Australia as it is not offered here. So far I am very impressed. It has been 2 months and I am feeling that this feeling might just last for a long time. Just wanted to say thanks. This is a Cool article. I hope its legal over here one day.
Alex Mcallister
..., Lowly rated comment [Show]
Envision Recovery, Lex Kogan and ibogaine treatment in Costa Rica.
written by Karla Jimenez, May 12, 2015
I recently went through an ibogaine treatment at one of Lex Kogan's Facilities in CR. For around 9 years I’ve been dealing with light yet continuous symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) due to an abusive childhood.

Although its been less than 2 months since I experienced ibogaine, the personality changes that I’ve noticed have been dramatic. Call it an ongoing, optimistic / positive vibe or a genuine overall mood improvement on a day to day basis. I can definitely say, without a doubt that I am more comfortable in my own skin. I’d describe this as basically feeling less afraid of all the rapid changes that have been unraveling before me. I’ve had some family drama as of late and although it has been difficult I seem to be handling the stress in a healthier way.
I believe that ibogaine treatment is way underrated as an alternative option to talk and group therapies. The psychological properties of the experience are life altering to say the least.
Although the treatment was expensive, I believe that Lex has put together a very well trained group of individuals in Costa Rica. He has some brand new clinics opening up in the Bahamas as well as Cayman Islands. I guarantee they’ll probably be ridiculously overpriced but I understand that the interest in luxury facilities is on the rise. I recommend that people look into the various clinics located near your area and find a place that fits your budget. Costa Rica is beautiful but there are also very good clinics in Canada and Mexico as well.

Thanks for this article Treatment Magazine!
K.J .
Dallas TX
Votes: +42
Thank You TREATMENT MAGAZINE!
written by Kira Victory, April 19, 2015
I want to personally thank TREATMENT MAGAZINE for crossing over into the little known world of ibogaine treatment.
I am old school. A street rugged Biker as well as a college professor. Been all over the world the last thirty years exploring places and meeting people that are doing new/old things in their own way.
I visited Lex Kogan many years ago in Nassau Bahamas to end a seventeen year addiction to opioid medication.

Just recently, in January, I was treated once again by Shea Prueger, Lex Kogan and his crew in Costa Rica at Envision Recovery. They've taken -I BEGIN AGAIN- to the next level. From what I could tell, there are centers sprouting up all over the world these days. Its good to see articles like this that have the guts to speak up about such a coveted subject. Thanks!
Votes: +40
IBOGAINE WORKS!
written by Nadia G, March 12, 2015
Thanks for finally writing an article on ibogaine......This treatment saved my life in 2012..

Envision Recovery, Costa Rica is as good as it gets as far as Im concerned. Ive been to different centers and they all have there own positive qualities. Lex Kogan helped me out in a big way and Im glad to see the media is catching on to this type of treatment after all the years and hard work so many people have put forth to bring ibogaine into the eye of the mainstream.
Votes: +40
Ibogaine treatment
written by Donldrich, February 13, 2015
Ibogaine therapy is mainly known for minimizing the effect of withdrawal that we observe in any drug treatment center during the treatment process.
Votes: +0
Costa Rica & ibogaine treatment @ Lex Kogan's And Eric Taub's "I Begin Again"
written by Vicki Honon, August 18, 2014
Envision Recovery Ibogaine center in Costa Rica was A TRIP....literally.
Ibogaine turned my life around in a new direction, gave me a whole new perspective as well.
Thanks to this great medicine and all my new friends, Lex, Shea, Sofia, Karen Adriana and Marcela!!!
Lex Kogan's Ibogaine Treatment Center, Envision Recovery
written by Matt Hasselbrock , August 07, 2014
My brother turned his life around in a positive way after visiting Envision Recovery Center for an ibogaine treatment. Lex Kogan is well known as one of the original people to introduce ibogaine to the medical community in Latin America. He turned the website group, www.IBeginAgain.org into various treatment centers worldwide over the last decade, I met him in Costa Rica and he was very down to earth. He put me up in the loft at his center for free while treating my brother for depression in May, 2013. I wish more people knew about ibogaine treatment in general. The experience has helped my family understand how we are all responsible for healing each other at all times. We're immensely grateful to all of the earth's medicinal plants that have been discovered to date. God bless the medicine!
Votes: +41
...
written by cathy fox, May 05, 2014
Can Ibogaine be purchased 'over the counter' in Costa Rica or is a prescription required? Also, if a prescription is required, can it be written by a doctor in the U.S. or does the doctor have to be from Costa Rica? Thank you so much for your time.
...
written by cathy fox, May 05, 2014
could you tell me if Ibogaine is an 'over the counter' medication in Costa Rica or is a prescription required? Also, can a doctor in the U.S. write the prescription or does it have to be written by a doctor in Costa Rica? I appreciate your time.
...
written by Juliett Mace, October 17, 2013
Ibogaine is one of the most phenomenal plants in existence. More people need to read up on this!
Votes: +41
Juliette Mace
written by Juliett Mace, October 17, 2013
[url=[img=
[im[quote]][/quote]][img=[quote][im[url][quote]][/quote]g]
Ibogaine Treatment Centers
written by Magdalena Rose, October 16, 2013
It's refreshing to see articles that focus on ibogaine treatment as opposed to the usual mainstream methods of detox. I've been through this treatment and I recommend it to anyone seeking an alternative to standard rehab.
Votes: +44
Ibogaine Transitions Ibogaine Treatment Centers 2 Deaths In 8 Months Now Crossroads
written by Jackie, November 12, 2012
The comment above is written by a rotten ibogaine provider They have changed the companies name and is now run by the same guy, but they changed the name after multiple deaths, Beware!

Ibogaine Treatment , Lowly rated comment [Show]

Write comment
bold
italicize
underline
strike
url
image
smaller | bigger

busy

Recent Print Issue: Sept 2015 | Subscribe Now!

Special Report
Austin's MAP Looking to Future
Outcomes
andValue-Based Compensation
Growth Through Licensing

On the Cover: Jacob Levinson
Founder, CEO MAP

Click here to read the digital
print edition of TM.

Follow Treatment Magazine on Twitter!
Become a fan of Treatment Magazine on Facebook!