ADDICTION TREATMENT INDUSTRY NEWSWIRE
- Massachusetts' Biggest Halfway House in Relocation Issues Around Big MGM Casino Build
- Constellation Acquires Assets of LA-Based Bridges to Recovery
- Venerable Non-Profit to Open New England High-End Center
- California's Prop 47 Likely to Lead to Big Drug Court Closures
- New Hampshire in Innovative Public/Private Addictions Partnership
A QUESTION OF VALUE: Are Addiction Centers Delivering Good Value?
As a financial journalist over the last decades, I have wrestled with the concept of value. It is, naturally, fundamental to a discussion of prices, markets and other such things with which money scribes concern themselves. Before, as a bond trader, 1980s Master of the Universe (and, increasingly at the time, coke addled legend in my own mind) I traveled the world's financial capitols where I met legions of vastly overpaid financiers who could quote you the price of everything, but understood the value of nothing...