ADDICTION TREATMENT INDUSTRY NEWSWIRE
- Minn Gov Dayton Proposes Closing 60 Pct of Beds in Group of State Centers
- Highly Credentialed Former Acadia Exec to Take Gateway Chicago Reins in May
- News Flash: Top Acadia Exec Succeeds Darcy as Gateway Chicago CEO
- Growing Frustration in Boston over Delays in Centers for City's Poorest
- Louisiana Parish Drops NIMBY Zoning, Acadiana Moving Into Big New Property
A QUESTION OF VALUE: Are Addiction Centers Delivering Good Value?
As a financial journalist over the last decades, I have wrestled with the concept of value. It is, naturally, fundamental to a discussion of prices, markets and other such things with which money scribes concern themselves. Before, as a bond trader, 1980s Master of the Universe (and, increasingly at the time, coke addled legend in my own mind) I traveled the world's financial capitols where I met legions of vastly overpaid financiers who could quote you the price of everything, but understood the value of nothing...